Add your name toREDIRECT >>tax dollars for real healthcare
It’s time to fund real women’s health care, not abortion giant Planned Parenthood.
The budget reconciliation bill Congress is considering re-directs taxpayer funding away from the abortion industry and instead funds community health centers. These centers provide comprehensive health care for women but do not perform abortions or harvest fetal body parts for profit. According to polling, the majority of Americans support this effort.
The time to redirect Planned Parenthood’s tax dollars is now. The facts speak for themselves:
- FACT: Planned Parenthood is America’s largest abortion business. According to their latest annual report, they performed 323,999 abortions.1 In the last three years alone, they’ve performed nearly one million abortions. Planned Parenthood requires their affiliates to perform abortions.2 Planned Parenthood should stop performing abortions or self-fund.
- FACT: Planned Parenthood has been referred to the Department of Justice and FBI for potential criminal prosecution for trafficking fetal body parts from abortions for profit. The referral was made by the Senate Judiciary Committee and followed a months-long investigation including the review of over 20,000 documents.3 The investigation was launched following the release of undercover videos showing Planned Parenthood executives brazenly discussing their involvement in the trafficking of baby body parts.
- FACT: Re-directing Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding to community health centers is a victory for women’s health. Community health centers outnumber Planned Parenthood facilities 20:1 nationwide.4 Unlike Planned Parenthood, community health centers offer comprehensive healthcare. They provide the same preventative services Planned Parenthood does, but also offer services Planned Parenthood does not, such as mammograms, prenatal care, and treatment for diabetes and hypertension.
- FACT: The majority of Americans support re-directing Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding to community health centers. A nationwide poll conducted in December 2015 showed Americans support this plan by a 53% to 32% margin.5
- FACT: Planned Parenthood is politically motivated and spent more than $30 million in the last election cycle to try to defeat pro-life Republicans.6 Planned Parenthood’s president Cecile Richards is former Deputy Chief of Staff for Nancy Pelosi.7
In 2016 the American people spoke clearly, electing a president and majorities in the House and Senate that have committed to redirecting tax dollars away from America’s largest abortion business. Now it’s their turn to take action and direct funds to community health centers that provide real healthcare services for women.
TELL CONGRESS: Redirect Planned Parenthood Funding Now
You're adding your name to the [gravityforms action="entry_count" id="187" format="comma"] Americans who have signed the petition to redirect Planned Parenthood's tax dollars to health centers that provide real healthcare to women.
- Planned Parenthood 2014-2015 Annual Report, p. 30. Retrieved from: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/2114/5089/0863/2014-2015_PPFA_Annual_Report_.pdf
- Johnson, M. (2012, December 6). Abortion mandate costs Planned Parenthood a few affiliates. NBC News. Retrieved from: https://usnews.newsvine.com/_news/2012/12/06/15702142-abortion-mandate-costs-planned-parenthood-a-few-affiliates
- Richardson, B. (2016, December 13). Senate committee refers Planned Parenthood for potential criminal charges. The Washington Times. Retrieved from: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/13/senate-judiciary-committee-refers-planned-parentho/
- Charlotte Lozier Institute. (2015, July 31). Planned Parenthood and Federally Qualified Health Centers. Retrieved from: https://lozierinstitute.org/planned-parenthood-and-federally-qualified-health-centers/
- PR Newswire. (2015, December 15). National Poll Shows Support for Defunding Planned Parenthood. Retrieved from: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-poll-shows-support-for-defunding-planned-parenthood-300186958.html
- Terkel, A. (2016, May 16) The Huffington Post. Inside Planned Parenthood’s $30 Million Campaign For 2016. Retrieved from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/planned-parenthood-2016-election_us_57377096e4b060aa781a7f21
- Planned Parenthood website. Retrieved from: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/our-leadership/cecile-richards