This evening Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser called on Congress to immediately enact a new reconciliation bill that re-directs taxpayer funding from Planned Parenthood to community health care centers.
“The collapse of the American Health Care Act on Friday only serves to intensify the pro-life movement’s efforts to re-direct taxpayer funding away from Planned Parenthood, America’s biggest seller of abortions at a rate of more than 300,000 per year. We will not flinch. Instead, SBA List calls on the pro-life Congress and the pro-life President to immediately enact a new reconciliation bill that re-directs Planned Parenthood’s funding to community health centers. The language to do so has cleared any procedural hurdles and Congress has the votes to get it done. There are no excuses for inaction.”
Community health centers outnumber Planned Parenthood facilities by at least 20 to one and offer a full range of primary health care, unlike Planned Parenthood.
The proposal to redirect taxpayer funding from Planned Parenthood would result in a $422 million increase in federal funding for community health care centers, which enjoy strong bipartisan support, avoid provision or promotion of abortion, and now serve nearly 24.3 million people (and climbing) in medically underserved communities across the United States.
SBA List’s $500k campaign to aggressively counter Planned Parenthood’s falsehoods & ensure Congress redirects their federal funding to comprehensive health care centers that do not do abortions has included the following:
- TV Ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcew2Oz-Uzo
- Redirecting Planned Parenthood’s funding is a winning issue in 2018 Senate battlegrounds.
- A January poll by SBA List found that 56% of voters in select Senate battleground states oppose taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood (47% strongly oppose). A majority in North Dakota, Montana, Ohio, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Florida also said they would be less likely to vote for Senators who support sending tax dollars to Planned Parenthood rather than community health centers.
- Radio ad in Washington, D.C.
- Digital advertising campaign targeting Washington, D.C. as well as key Democratic Senators: