Last Updated and Effective: 10/18/2022
We at the Susan B. Anthony List family of organizations, which includes Susan B. Anthony List, Inc., Susan B. Anthony List Education Fund (including HER Plan), Charlotte Lozier Institute, Susan B. Anthony List Action PAC, Women Speak Out PAC, and the Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund (collectively, “SBA”, “us”, “our”, or “we”), are strongly committed to transparency, and we want you (“you” or “your”) to understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information, as well as how you can manage the personal information we collect. This Privacy Notice applies to your interactions with us, including attending our events, or your use of our websites (www.sbaprolife.org; www.lozierinstitute.org; www.womenspeakoutpac.com; www.electiontransparency.org; www.herplan.org; www.prolifeamericapac.comwww.lifeontheballot.com; www.modernizeourlaw.com; www.prolifecourt.com; www.womenspeakoutvirginia.com; www.prolifecaucus.org; www.newamericanfuture.net; www.beshearrecord.com; www.dobbscase.com; www.dumpellmers.com; www.stemcellresearchfacts.org; www.assaultonscience.org), mobile applications, features, or services, either online or offline, including Her Pregnancy and the Life Assistance Network (collectively, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice also applies to individuals who apply for a position with us.
By using our Services, you acknowledge the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use our Services. If you do not understand, or if you have questions about, this Privacy Notice, please contact us before using, or continuing to use, our Services.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the changes here. If we choose to amend this Privacy Notice, we will revise the Last Updated date at the top of this Privacy Notice when we post the updated version. We may also provide you with notice by prominently posting on our website, via email or both, if we make any significant changes to this Privacy Notice. We may also highlight those changes at the top of this Privacy Notice and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change. Your use of our Services after we have informed you in one of these ways that we made changes to our Privacy Notice will mean that you have accepted those changes.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- DATA TRANSFERS
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- YOUR CHOICES
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITE AND APPS
- CONTACT US
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information from you when you provide it to us or when you use or interact with our Services: personal information and non-personal information.
Personal information includes all information that relates to you or which are opinions about you personally and either identifies or may be used to identify you personally (collectively, “personal information”). Depending upon the device you are using and how you interact with our Services and the nature of our communications, and the extent to which we interact with third parties, we may collect limited types of personal information such as your:
- Name, occupation/employer, mailing address, email address, phone number, party affiliation, and other information you provide when using our Services.
- Demographic Information. Age and gender.
- Device Information. IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device identifiers, and information about how you use our Services.
- Payment Information. Credit and debit card, bank account, and other financial information necessary to receive donations.
- HER Plan Questionnaire Information. When you complete a questionnaire for HER Plan, we may collect your name, occupation, organization you represent, mailing address, email address, phone number, insurance information, medical and non-medical services offered, professional licenses, and other information as necessary to assess suitability for the program.
- Employment Information. If you apply for a job with us, we will collect information about your employment status and history, education history, Social Security number or tax ID number, and other employment-related information.
We strive to uphold data minimization principles and only seek to collect personal information from you for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you or information that has been anonymized (collectively, “non-personal information”). When we combine non-personal information with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information.
You can always refuse to provide your personal information, but please note that some personal information is necessary to provide our Services.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need to collect personal information from you in order to provide you with our Services, as well as to improve your experience. You may provide us with personal information in several ways, including, for example when you:
- Visit our website or use our Services;
- Send us a donation;
- Correspond with us in any way, including over the phone and through questionnaires and surveys;
- Correspond with providers through the messaging features within our Services;
- Sign up to receive our newsletter or promotional information;
- Clicking on our advertisements;
- Ask for customer service, support or other assistance; or
- Interact with us in any other way, online or offline, including in-person interactions or through our Services.
Like many websites and apps, we use “cookies”, which are small text files that are stored on your computer or equipment when you visit certain online pages that record your preferences and actions, including how you use the website. We use this information for analytics purposes which allows us to improve your browsing experience. The information we collect through these technologies will also be used to manage your session. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorised as “necessary” are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. These necessary cookies cannot be disabled.
You can set your browser or device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you delete your cookies, if you opt-out from cookies, or if you set your browser or device to decline these technologies, some Services may not function properly. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
Offline Interactions and Other Sources
We also may collect personal information from other sources, such as our partners or third party service providers, or from our offline interactions with you for the purposes listed in the How We Use Personal Information section below, including to enable us to verify or update information contained in our records and to better customize the Services for you.
Social Media Integration
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, and when you do, we may collect additional information from you, including the information listed in the Types of Information We Collect section above. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. When you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button or Twitter’s “Tweet” button, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. We encourage you to review the social media platforms’ usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using them.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We primarily use personal information to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, but we may also use personal information to do any or all of the following:
- facilitate your interactions and transactions with us, such as requests for support;
- respond to your requests, communications, suggestions, comments, inquiries, and requests (including your feedback about our Services);
- administer and manage our relationship with you;
- develop new services and features;
- better understand the preferences of our constituents;
- provide personalized Services, including content and ads;
- provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing offers or information from us or relevant third parties;
- facilitate your participation in our surveys and promotions;
- ensure our systems and premises are secure;
- develop and manage relationships with our business partners;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research (we will collect consent where required by applicable law);
- respond to legally binding requests from law enforcement, regulatory authorities, or other third parties;
- defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable terms of service or to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations;
- manage any dispute and accidents and receive legal or other professional advice;
- to prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- assist in the event of an emergency;
- comply with applicable law; or
- any other purpose with your consent.
We may also combine your personal information collected through various sources, including information collected through our Services, and develop a constituent profile that will be used for the purposes above.
If you are a job applicant, we will use your personal information as necessary to determine your fitness for the position applied for, to make any relevant adjustments during the recruitment process, and for equal opportunities monitoring.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we only retain personal information for as long as we need to use the information for the purposes listed above, including, for legal, regulatory, backup, archival, accounting, and/or audit purposes.
We may use personal information to create non-personal information. We may use non-personal information for any legitimate business purpose.
4. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only share personal information in limited circumstances. For example, we may share personal information with our third party service providers, suppliers, vendors, professional advisors and business partners (including political and organizational partners), which may include IT service providers, financial institutions and payment providers, customer relationship management vendors, other cloud-based solutions providers, lawyers, accountants, auditors and other professional advisors. We contract with such vendors and advisers to ensure that they only process your personal information under our instructions and ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We share personal information with these third parties to help us:
- with the uses described in the How We Use Information section above;
- in the operation, management, improvement, research and analysis of our Services;
- with our marketing and promotional projects, such as sending you information about services or features you may like and other promotions (provided you have not unsubscribed from receiving such marketing and promotional information from us); and
- comply with your directions or any consent you have provided us.
We may share personal information with law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law for the purpose of:
- responding to a subpoena, court order, or other legal processes;
- defending, protecting, or enforcing our rights;
- assisting in the event of an emergency; and
- complying with applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we may also transfer or assign personal information to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. If we are involved in defending a legal claim, we may disclose personal information about you that is relevant to the claim to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, the associated legal proceedings.
We share non-personal information with third parties as reasonably necessary to meet our business needs.
Her PLAN Provider Messaging
5. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are dedicated to ensuring the security of your personal information. We use physical, electronic, and administrative security measures appropriate to the risks and sensitivity of the personal information we collect. We aim to provide secure transmission of your personal information from your devices to our servers. We have processes to store personal information that we have collected in secure operating environments. Individual providers associated with Her PLAN are obligated to maintain your records related to their services and we do not retain your records on behalf of such providers. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. We try our best to safeguard personal information once we receive it, but please understand that no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you suspect an unauthorized use or security breach of your personal information, please contact us immediately.
6. DATA TRANSFERS
Information we collect may be transferred to, stored, and processed in any country or territory where one or more of our business partners or service providers are based or have facilities which may be a different to your home country. While other countries or territories may not have the same standards of data protection as those in your home country, we will continue to protect personal information that we transfer in line with this Privacy Notice requiring that our business partners or service providers adhere to this Privacy Notice.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not for children or those under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or other persons who are under 13 years of age. Individuals who are children or those under the age of 13 should not attempt to provide us with any personal information. If you think we have received personal information from children or those under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
In certain limited circumstances, we may enter into business associate agreements (BAA) as required under HIPAA. We share a commitment with HIPAA “covered entities” to protect the privacy and confidentiality of “protected health information” (PHI) that we obtain subject to the terms of a BAA. It is important to note that HIPAA does not necessarily apply to an entity or person simply because there is health information involved, and HIPAA may not apply to your interactions with our Services. However, to the extent a specific interaction with us is governed under the terms of an applicable BAA, then, solely in our role as a “business associate” under HIPAA, we will make uses and disclosures of your information in accordance with the terms of the BAA and applicable laws. However, any information that does not constitute PHI under applicable laws may be used or disclosed in any manner permitted under this Privacy Notice.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident you may request from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. California residents under 18 years old, in certain circumstances, may request and obtain removal of personal information or content that you have posted on our Services. Please be mindful that this would not ensure complete removal of the content posted by you on our Services. If you are a California resident and would like to make a request pursuant to California privacy law, please submit your request in using the contact information provided below.
10. YOUR CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with our Services.
Updating your personal information
The accuracy of the personal information we have about you is very important. To submit a request to update or correct your information, please contact us using the information below.
Email Communications / Direct Marketing
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Services. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt-out of marketing emails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our emails and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that certain emails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You will continue to receive these necessary emails, if lawful and appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional marketing communications.
Cookies / Beacons
Do Not Track
Some devices and browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that you can set in certain browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
11. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPS
Our website and Services may contain links to other websites or apps operated by third parties. Please be advised that the practices described in this Privacy Notice do not apply to information gathered through these third party websites and apps. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the actions and privacy policies of third parties and other websites and apps.
12. CONTACT US
We welcome requests, questions, comments, and feedback on this Privacy Notice and our management of personal information. If you have requests, questions, concerns, or feedback, you can always contact us in the following ways. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before assisting with your request, such as verifying that the information used to contact us matches the information that we have on file.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2776 S. Arlington Mill Dr. # 803 Arlington, VA 22206