This post first appeared online at Redstate on January 3, 2011.
Planned Parenthood Pulls in Nearly Half Billion in Taxpayer $
Posted by Marjorie Dannenfelser (Diary)
Last week—very quietly—America’s abortion giant released its 2009-2010 Annual Report.
A few sickening statistics from the report:
- Planned Parenthood reported receiving $487 million in taxpayer funding. That means taxpayer funding makes up nearly half (46%) of Planned Parenthood’s revenue.
- For the first time ever, Planned Parenthood has topped one billion ($1,009,600,000) in total net assets.
What are taxpayers getting for their buck?
- 329,445 abortions, making up 91% of Planned Parenthood’s services to pregnant women. Of the three million people that walked through the doors of a Planned Parenthood clinic, one out of 12 received an abortion.
- 31,098 prenatal services for women, making up just 8.6% of overall services to pregnant woman.
- 841 adoption referrals, a mere 0.2% of services to pregnant women. (This number continues to drop. In 2008, PP reported 2,405 adoption referrals).
It is an outrage that with over a billion dollars in assets, Planned Parenthood continues to rely on the taxpayer’s dime to increase its bottom line (PP reported a $18.5 million profit). Fortunately, for the majority of Americans that want OUT of the abortion business, there is good news.
Continue reading online at Redstate.