FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 26, 2015
Contact: Mallory Quigley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-223-8073
SBA List’s Marjorie Dannenfelser Joins African American Pro-life Leaders
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) president Marjorie Dannenfelser will join African American pastors and national pro-life leaders tomorrow morning outside the National Portrait Gallery to call for the removal of the Margaret Sanger bust from gallery’s “Struggle for Justice” exhibit. Margaret Sanger, the founder of America’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, was a racist eugenicist.
What: STAND Coalition and Friends Press Conference
When: Thursday, August 27, at 10:00 AM ET
Where: National Portrait Gallery, 8th & F Streets, NW, Washington, D.C.
Who: African American pastors and national pro-life leaders including:
- Bishop E.W. Jackson, STAND Coalition and Ministers Taking A Stand
- The Hon. J. Kenneth Blackwell, former U.S. Ambassador to the UN Commission on Human Rights
- Marjorie Dannenfelser, Susan B. Anthony List
- Star Parker, Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education (CURE),
- Lila Rose, Live Action,
- Ryan Bomberger, The Radiance Foundation,
- Bishop Harry Jackson, Senior Pastor of Hope Christian Church
- Melissa Ortiz, Maryland Family Alliance and Able Americans
- Terry Beatley, Hosea Initiative
- Brent Bozell, ForAmerica
More than 11,000 people have signed a petition calling for the removal of Sanger’s bust from the National Portrait Gallery. Texas Senator Ted Cruz, the first Republican Presidential hopeful to support the effort, and Congressman Louie Gohmert (TX-01) have written a “Dear Colleague” letter asking their fellow elected representatives to join the cause.
The Susan B. Anthony List and its Political Action Committees, the SBA List Candidate Fund and Women Speak Out PAC, spent $15.25 million in the 2014 election cycle to defeat pro-abortion incumbents and elect pro-life candidates to federal and statewide office. The SBA List is dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. The SBA List is a network of more than 365,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.