FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 5, 2021
Contact: Prudence Robertson, [email protected] | 240-672-2828
Claudia Tenney’s Victory Adds to Record Number of Pro-Life Women Elected to Congress, Forming a Stronghold Against Dems’ Extreme Abortion Agenda
Washington, D.C. – Tonight the national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) celebrated the continued surge of pro-life women in the U.S. House of Representatives as Claudia Tenney declared victory in New York’s 22nd Congressional District.
Out of the now 19 new pro-life women elected to the House, 10 of them flipped seats previously held by pro-abortion Democrats. This brings the number of pro-life women serving in the U.S. House overall to 30, more than double the previous record.
“Claudia Tenney is a pro-life champion, and it is wonderful to have her back serving in Congress,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “We celebrate a record-breaking 30 pro-life women elected to the House as proof that life is winning in America. These inspiring women stand ready to counter Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi to defend important pro-life policies.
“Women are ideal messengers to communicate the pro-life message. Standing tall with the early feminists who knew that authentic rights can never be built on the broken bodies and rights of our children, these strong leaders dismantle the abortion lobby narrative and are an integral part of restoring a culture of life to our nation.”
A full breakdown of pro-life women victories follows:
- Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) won election
- Joni Ernst (R-IA), Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), and Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS) won re-election
- Six pro-life women now serve in the U.S. Senate
- All 11 pro-life women incumbents have won re-election
- 19 new pro-life women elected to the House:
- Maria Salazar (FL-27) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Yvette Herrell (NM-02) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Michelle Fischbach (MN-07) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Nancy Mace (SC-01) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Stephanie Bice (OK-05) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Ashley Hinson (IA-01) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Nicole Malliotakis (NY-11) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Michelle Steel (CA-48) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Young Kim (CA-39) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Claudia Tenney (NY-22) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Lauren Boebert (CO-03)
- Beth Van Duyne (TX-24)
- Victoria Spartz (IN-05)
- Lisa McClain (MI-10)
- Kat Cammack (FL-03)
- Diana Harshbarger (TN-01)
- Mary Miller (IL-15)
- Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14)
- Mariannette Miller-Meeks (IA-02)
Learn more about this historic class of pro-life women at https://sbaprolife.org/pro-life-women-in-the-house.
SBA List is a network of 900,000 pro-life Americans nationwide, dedicated to ending abortion by electing national leaders and advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.