FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 9, 2021
Contact: Prudence Robertson, email@example.com | 240-672-2828
Nat’l Pro-Life Group to Pro-Abortion Democrats: “Don’t Mess With Texas”
Washington, D.C. – According to news reports, the Biden administration plans to sue Texas over its law protecting unborn babies when their heartbeat can be detected. In addition, the Department of Justice is considering using federal facilities in the state to perform abortions and potentially stripping Texas of federal funding.
The national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List blasted the Biden administration’s pro-abortion extremism in a statement:
“Biden Democrats’ anti-life, anti-democracy attack on Texas and other pro-life states proves how out of touch they are with the American people,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “The Texas Heartbeat Act is a response to fifty years of Supreme Court interference in states’ legitimate interest in protecting life and their right to debate and pass laws reflecting their people’s values. Biden, Pelosi and their radical allies want to permanently stifle that debate and impose abortion on demand up until the moment of birth, paid for by taxpayers.
“The Heartbeat Act reflects clear science showing the humanity of unborn children, including a beating heart by six weeks. This law saves lives every day it is in effect. Texas is further leading in compassion for women and families with its $100 million Alternatives to Abortion state program and ten times as many pro-life pregnancy centers as abortion facilities. We are proud to stand with them. Washington Democrats should not mess with Texas when it comes to protecting innocent life.”
A new poll by Rasmussen released this week shows that 46% of likely voters support Texas’ law, versus 43% who do not.
On the heels of the U.S. Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision allowing the Texas Heartbeat Act to remain in effect, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced plans to hold a vote on the so-called “Women’s Health Protection Act” following President Biden’s call for such action. This bill would expand abortion on demand by preventing enforcement of existing laws that protect unborn children at the federal and state level and blocking states from passing new pro-life laws.
Public opinion polls consistently show a strong majority of Americans reject pro-abortion extremism. Earlier this year, SBA List launched a nationwide campaign asserting the humanity of unborn children which is evident throughout pregnancy:
- At 6 weeks:
- Unborn babies in the womb have a heartbeat.
- Blood vessels are forming into the circulatory system.
- The brain and spinal cord are beginning to develop.
- By 10 weeks:
- Babies have arms and legs, fingers and toes.
- The baby can kick and will jump if startled.
- Their pain receptors have been developing for weeks (week 7).
- At 15 weeks, babies:
- Have fully developed hearts – pumping 26 quarts of blood per day.
- Have fully formed noses and lips, and eyelids and eyebrows.
- Can taste and make facial expressions, yawn, hiccup, swallow, and suck their thumbs.
- They can feel pain: by 13 to 14 weeks, almost the entire body responds to light touch; brain structures are mature enough by 15 weeks to process pain; painful procedures trigger a hormonal stress response.
SBA List is a network of 900,000 pro-life Americans nationwide, dedicated to ending abortion by electing national leaders and advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.