FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 25, 2020
Contact: Prudence Robertson, [email protected], 202-223-8073
Pro-life GOP Leaders Call Out Democrats’ Abortion Extremism & Radical Threat of Expanding the Supreme Court
Washington, D.C. – Today the U.S. Senate voted to end debate on President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Judge Amy Coney Barrett, setting up a final confirmation vote as early as Monday.
The national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) praised the vote in a statement:
“We are proud to see Judge Barrett swiftly advance one step closer toward a seat on the nation’s highest court, which is unquestionably where she belongs,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “Judge Barrett proves, in the words of our friend Senator Steve Daines, that ‘there is no American dream that women cannot achieve’ – and that this success need never come at the cost of our children’s right to be born.
“We thank President Trump for delivering on this key promise, Leader McConnell for bringing a swift end to pro-abortion Democrats’ obstruction, and Chairman Graham and all our pro-life Senate allies for their unwavering commitment to confirming Judge Barrett. We especially thank Senate Republicans for calling out the Democrats’ radical threat of expanding the Supreme Court in order to enshrine taxpayer-funded abortion on demand through birth. The stakes of this election have never been higher.”
SBA List and its partner Women Speak Out PAC are working to reach eight million voters before Election Day, educating them about where the candidates stand on abortion and the Supreme Court. SBA List’s efforts to #ConfirmAmy include:
- Immediately launching a week-long grassroots call campaign targeting 14 senators whose votes would be key to filling the Supreme Court vacancy.
- Relaunching the Pro-life Court coalition, 84 national and state-based pro-life groups whose coordinated efforts helped confirm Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.
- Launching a campaign including mail, digital ads, and phone calls to support Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Joni Ernst (R-IA) who led Judge Barrett’s Judiciary Committee hearing process.
- Leading a five-state #ConfirmAmy tour through the battleground states of Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Michigan, and Arizona to show support for Judge Barrett among pro-life grassroots and for senators backing her.
- Three digital ad campaigns targeting persuadable voters in battleground states.
SBA List is tracking the pro-life accomplishments of the Trump-Pence administration, as well as the abortion extremism of the Biden-Harris ticket at LifeOnTheBallot.com.
SBA List is a network of 900,000 pro-life Americans nationwide, dedicated to ending abortion by electing national leaders and advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.