Planned Parenthood: Focused on Abortion Revenue–Not Aiding Women and Children

Despite Planned Parenthood’s best efforts to convince the public otherwise, their organization is not a safe place and trusted friend for women and young girls.

Much to the contrary, Planned Parenthood is a business—wholly focused on revenue from abortion—not helping women. This should come as no surprise as Texas Right to Life has reported that The Planned Parenthood Federation of American has adopted a “new patient services initiative” which will require all of its 95 affiliates to operate at least one abortion center by 2013.

As both Texas Right to Life and Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life activist, point out, Planned Parenthood is all about making money—not providing non-abortion services. Johnson has said, “The money wasn’t in family planning, the money wasn’t in prevention, the money was in abortion.”

Texas Right to Life summed up the whole situation well when it noted:

Despite the efforts to publicize the non-abortion related services within the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, it is clear that the driving force behind the business is abortion and the funds received from the government for performing them.  From its own figures in 2007, prenatal and adoption services amounted to approximately 5 percent of Planned Parenthood’s business, while abortions made up the other 95 percent.  Abortion must be the most lucrative item on Planned Parenthood’s agenda, hence the mandate forcing all affiliates to perform abortions or refer for abortion.

Ultimately, the truth is that Planned Parenthood rakes in most of its profit, on top of the $300 million from taxpayers, from the 300,000+ abortions it performs each year. Sadly, the cycle is perpetuated as studies show that the number of abortions performed by Planned Parenthood continues to rise with additional revenue.

Share this article: