FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 28, 2022
Contact: Mallory Carroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, D.C. – Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America today condemned congressional Democrats’ most extreme push yet to expand abortion on demand until birth, paid for with taxpayer dollars, and prop up the abortion industry domestically and abroad.
SBA Pro-Life America President Marjorie Dannenfelser stated:
“While at least a dozen states have acted swiftly to save lives after Dobbs, radical Democrats will stop at nothing to expand abortion on demand, paid for by taxpayers, up to the moment of birth. At the same time they seek massive payouts to the profit-driven abortion industry that spends millions to elect them, Democrats like Sen. Elizabeth Warren want to ‘shut down’ nonprofits that outnumber Planned Parenthood facilities 14 to one and provide real services for women and families. Abortion is not health care, it is not ‘family planning,’ and abortion businesses do not need or deserve taxpayer dollars.”
Senate Democrats’ latest spending bills for FY 2023 include the following extreme provisions:
- Gutting much of the Hyde family of amendments, which have saved more than 2.5 million American lives.
- Appropriating $350 million in taxpayer dollars to fund grants and contracts with “public or non-profit private entities” for abortion-related travel costs, building and renovating abortion facilities, and more, “to remain available until expended.”
- Appropriating $10 million to create an abortion “czar” to promote unsupervised, at-home chemical abortions.
- Forcing Title X grantees to provide abortion drugs, counseling and referrals in direct violation of statute, and more.
This is on top of multiple votes on the so-called Women’s Health Protection Act – legislation that would expand abortion on demand until the moment of birth and block new and existing pro-life laws. Additionally:
- 23 Democratic lawmakers led by Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Mazie Hirono (D-HI) are calling on Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough to expand taxpayer-funded abortion on demand until birth through the VA. Republican members of the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs last year reminded the administration that federal law and regulations prohibit the VA from offering abortion or counseling for abortion.
- Democrats on the House Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing this Friday to push their extreme agenda – the sixth Democrat congressional hearing on abortion this month after the Dobbs
- Democrats have misled the public on the impact of Dobbs by pushing the “Right to Contraception Act,” better described as the Payouts for Planned Parenthood Act.
“Democrats’ pro-abortion agenda is deeply unpopular with the American people. We thank Senate Appropriations Vice Chairman Richard Shelby and all our allies in Congress who are standing with unborn children and mothers. Our ground team is working tirelessly to expose and defeat pro-abortion extremists at the ballot box.”
This election cycle, SBA Pro-Life America and its affiliated entities plan to spend $78 million to protect life across America. This includes reaching eight million voters across battleground states – four million directly at their doors – to educate them on key issues and win pro-life majorities in the U.S. House and Senate.
Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America is a network of more than one million pro-life Americans nationwide, dedicated to ending abortion by electing national leaders and advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.